In past years I’ve assiduously worked through the short list for the Miles Franklin, but it seems to have crept up on me this year. What was on the shortlist? Actually, I’ve read several of them without realizing it.
- The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood (my review here)
- Hope Farm by Peggy Frew (well, I did borrow it to read it, but didn’t get round to it)
- Salt Creek by Lucy Treloar
- Leap by Myfanwy Jones (my review here)
and the winner
- Black Rock, White City by A. S. Patrić (my review here). And I’m quietly chuffed to see that I thought ‘Miles Franklin material’ right back in August 2015, when I read it.